Pehchan Project is being implemented in different slums and rural pockets of whole Koraput district with the support of SAATHI Alliance for MSM, Transgender and Hijra (MTH) community with an objective to give a platform for these communities to meet, share, discuss and address the issue pertaining to them.
- Client registration during the period (2014-15) is 1171 (MSM-1019, TG-105 and Hijra 47)
- Referred to ICTC testing-437
- Referred 3 PLHA to ART centre for regular treatment
- Strengthening of 1 Drop in Centre (DIC) for HRG group as a information and communication centre and on monthly basis, 500-600 HRG accessed the centre
- 4 no of support group fromation at Jeypore, Koraput, Semiliguda and Pottangi of Koraput District.
- A Community Based Organization (CBO) has registered in the name of Naba Jagruti Pehchan taking the MTH categories into account.
- 5 no of condom outlet formed and effectively functioning.
- 35 no of affidavit make by Transgender for their identity as a 3rd Gender.