“Shakti Varta” a government of Odisha’s innovative approach to integrate Mission Shakti SHGs and other community members in addressing Health, Nutrition and Water & Sanitation (HNWASH) issues of the community which envisages community mobilization using Participatory and Learning Action (PLA) cycle with women’s Self Help Groups and main purpose of the programme are to reduce Infant Mortality Rate (IMR), Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR) and provide adequate information, create demand generation and service linkage on HNWASH.
- Generated 43 human resources for Mission Shakit with proper capacity building
- 2671 no of Shakti Varta point with coding developed to disseminate information through 452 GP facilitators
- 226 GPs and 14 blocks map computerized for smooth monitoring of the programme
- Developed 14 block wise strong data base of 3 line departments
- Developed 6 block level resource centres in the premises of ICDS
- Developed 452 GP Facilitator’s profile