Core values at Ekta
- We believe in the principle i.e."Unity is Strength".
- We value peoples participation in everything that happens in their community.
- We promote decentralization of powers & democratic decision making process.
- We value gender equality and equity.
- We focus on tribal and disadvantaged sections of our society, especially women and children.
- We have respect for people's customs, traditions, practices, culture, resources, manpower, skills, knowledge, experience and techniques.
- We are committed to our cause and organisation and work in the true spirit of democratic principles
Core Strategies at Ekta
- Mobilization & organization of community people into groups and strengthening them through capacity building, exposure & opportunity.
- Being a catalyst, create opportunities at different levels for the community people to identify their issues, prioritize them and fight for their genuine rights & entitlements.
- Empowerment of women through formation of groups and involve them in the decision making process.
- Promotion of appropriate pro-poor land, water & water management practices leading to preservation and creation of resource based of the community.
- Enhancing the resource base and economic opportunities of the target group and developing strategies for promotion and sustainable livelihood options.
- Collaborating and coordinating approaches with the district administration, community based organizations, like minded NGOs & other resource agencies for proper and quality implementation of various activities in the operational areas.
- Networking with various district, state as well as national level NGOs & resource agencies for lobbying and advocacy for dissemination of information, sharing of experiences & best practices, collective action, influencing policies and collaboration.
- To develop as a resource center in a specific areas.